Envision yourself working for a company that is interested in you and your future…where you are challenged daily, that brings out the best in you, and gives you the work/life balance you need to succeed.
If you are a dynamic and hardworking individual looking for a career with an expanding company, check us out!
Infrastructure Technician will participate as a team member in the delivery of In-Scope Construction Contracts related services.
Assist in the delivery of highway construction and maintenance projects within the limits of the AMC including:
• Participation in the establishment of annual In-Scope Capital Projects related to AMC Performance Specifications
• Assisting in the preparation of construction change orders and maintenance work order project cost estimates and assisting in the preparation of Sub-Contractor Agreements,
• Following Ministry acceptance of the annual In-Scope Capital Program and receipt of contract specifications and documents assisting in establishing a project work schedule and initiate preparation of MTO contract submissions for approved projects including:
- Assisting in the preparation of project invoices(s) and review and Sign-off of sub- contractor invoices.
- Assisting in the preparation of final construction reports and recommendations for payment. Reports to include documentation related to mix designs, material tests, material quantities, sub-contractor payments/hold backs, staffing/equipment hours, costs etc.
• Assisting in the review and preparation of comments concerning proposed Ministry contract drawings and documents for capital projects within the AMC. Review comments to include anticipated operational issues involving safety, environment, quality and traffic staging impacts.
• Perform routine field level monitoring of construction work activities ensuring Environmental Performance standards are understood by contractor and in-house staff and are being adhered to at all times.
• Provide field support through participation in field auditing activities undertaken by the QC/QA Technician related to the Environment and Carillion’s Quality & Environmental Management System.
• Assist in the preparation of potential construction or work order claims arising form the delivery of construction services ensuring appropriate and complete support documentation.
• Assist in the preparation of Contract Oversight reports of sub-contractors involved in delivering In-Scope Capital and Work Order projects to ensure compliance with contract performance specifications, environmental standards and on-site safety policies and procedures.
• Assist with inspections of warranted work ensuring that work performed internally and by sub-contractors requiring corrective action is completed before filing substantial completion documentation and/or releasing sub-contractor/supplier payments.
• Assist with the scheduling and preparation of annual bridge and culvert inspections including documentation.
• Establishes and maintains effective communications with sub-contractors, Ministry construction administrators/staff, site staff and the general public including property owners.
• Perform site inspections to verify that construction practices conform to non-compliance by site staff or sub-contractors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Has an in depth knowledge of highway construction procedures, standards and specifications through work experiences or is a graduate of a recognized Community College in a three year civil engineering Program,
• Is familiar with highway engineering surveying techniques (leveling, running line, grade setting, etc.) and testing procedures related to materials, compaction.,
• Is knowledgeable in interpreting/ reading highway engineering plans and construction drawings/specifications,
• Is able to work in a construction/maintenance environment around heavy construction type equipment,
• Is familiar with procedures in preparing and establishing highway traffic control plans,
• Analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills to assess engineering and construction issues having financial impacts and community sensitivities’,
• Good communication skills both verbal and written,
• Proficient in the use of computers and associated software.
As an employer of choice, we treat all our people consistently and fairly to help you achieve personal and professional ambitions. We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org(please quote position title and region in subject line).
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.